Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Great Jam on Sunday the 5th

Took me two days to recover from it - maybe our biggest turnout of jammers ever - a whole sax section, with Chester on trumpet, was the high point.

Had a great harp player drop by for his first time - he was terrific; our special guest from last week came back and wailed on guitar and vox.

A couple whole bands came out to take the stage - just one great combo after another, so much so that the bar didn't want us to stop - so we carried on an extra hour - til 9:30.

I had a bottleneck out and ready to rasp out some slide, but it mysteriously vanished (under the stage?), so much for that. Dave Whitehead came up to make up for it.

Just a wild ride all afternoon and into the evening.

I found a bit of a problem with my guitar set up - it had fallen at a gig the week before, and I noticed some higher frets sounded out of tune. Due to the miracle of open-D tuning, a few quick adjustments and I was able to reset it on the fly!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?