Saturday, April 08, 2006

 

A Letter I Got On Learning Open-D Guitar

"I saw on the internet the information reference your open-D instructional material. I have played guitar, in standard tuning, for seveal years, but never really progressed past the early intermediate level. A couple of years ago I began playing in open-D, both slide and fingerstyle. My progress has been considerably faster, however instructional material in open-D is hard to come by. I am looking forward to obtaining your instructional material."


http://www.easierguitar.com


Comments:
g'mornin' Frank,

I, too, play some open styles on guitar. I favor mostly an open C form of tuning (CGCGCE) with variations around that to give me different feels. I find it is a little easier on the old guitar I have (a vintage Stewart Mossman that hasn't imploded yet). I also play a couple of Yairi's. I also "mess around" in G from time to time, mostly trying to figure out some Leo Kottke songs.
I haven't done much in D but will promptly go and retune one of my "babies" and see what happens. One thing I have learned is that when writer's block sets in....retune.... it's like having a whole new guitar in your hands!!

I wish you personal peace and a great summer

jer
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?