Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

Oh, Baby, It's Been Too Long

...but here I am.

The mother-site has been humming with inquiries and orders and such, and one thing has come up specifically which bears mention here too. Several inquiries lately as to whether or not I exist!

Yep, it's actually me, Frank Foxx, founder of the Guitar-eze guitar method, based on the alternate guitar tuning of open-D. The site tells in detail about the history of Guitar-eze, but to tell you a bit more about me...musically, that is -

I developed my system because I wanted to play guitar. I played bass successfully since I was 17 (along with trombone and baritone since age 10), and although I had access to a guitar since about age 6, nothing came of it - I didn't get it. Once I discovered the secret I am now sharing, a whole new musical world opened up for me. Though it took me several years to develop the chops and self-confidence to actually play guitar in a band, for money, I eventually made it. By the time I was about 21 or 22 I had the rudiments of my system down. I practiced like heck and by the time I was about 28 (yeah, it took about 6-7 years!), I felt confident enough, and knew enough material (instrumentally and vocally) to front a band. This happened 1993, in Toronto.

For the next seven years, I led the Highway Hepcats, a 3-piece roots rockabilly band. I also did side gigs on both guitar and bass, in many different styles of music.I relocated to Windsor, Ontario in 1999 and struggled to form a new band in this smaller town. I bounced from side gig to side gig, but finally got a 3-piece band together in 2003, whiched evolved into my present outfit, the JumpKatz.

In 2004-2005, I revved up Guitar-eze and started offering private lessons, which allowed me to refine and develop my system further. So there you have it. A real person. A real music lover. A real guitar lover. Frank Foxx.

http://www.easierguitar.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?