Thursday, February 12, 2009

 

Nice Comments

I like to re-print nice comments I get on my website; this one somehow slipped through the cracks so I'd like to post it here:

"I am writing primarily to thank you for your excellent
Guitar-eze program. It has truly unlocked the guitar
for me. For years, I've had the melodies and lyrics
for four original songs, and have been looking for the
right instrument with which to play and record them.
I had always had difficulty with guitar, until I
learned about your program. Thanks to it, I have been
able to write guitar accompaniments for my songs, and
I've begun practicing them with an eye toward
recording.

You have made a real contribution with this method,
and I can't thank you enough. I have a question: In
order to accelerate my progress, I'd like to take a
lesson or two (or more) with an instructor who really
understands and appreciates the value of open D, and
isn't interested in making the guitar more complicated
than it has to be. In other words, I want an
instructor who understands that I'm mainly trying to
learn my own songs, and that I see the guitar as a
means to that end rather than an end in itself.

If I lived anywhere near your part of Ontario, I'd
happily sign up for lessons with you, but I'm in the
Washington, DC area, I was wondering if you knew of
any instructors in DC, Northern Virginia, or Maryland
whom you'd recommend.

I greatly appreciate your assistance, and I am deeply
grateful to you for doing so much to help me and
others learn how to make music with the guitar.
Please know that you have created something of genuine
value with this product, and that the benefits of it
will be with me for as long as I make music."

Wow.

I really wish I had a network of instructors across the continent who would be willing to take on opportunities like this. One day, I hope. As the message says, a sympatico guitar teacher is worth his weight in gold.

I really like the fact he mentions "a lesson or two (or more)" - in my experience with open-D tuning, sometimes 1 or 2 sessions is all it takes for lift-off.

In the mean time, I probably should really get to work on those supplemental lesson packs.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?